Has golf brought you to your knees?
My Dear Fellow Golfers:
After years of this game reducing me to tears or bringing me to my knees, I found it necessary to develop a new
perspective on this fickle game. I wanted some peace and serenity as I knocked that little ball around the pasture.
We all have been made aware that it is the six inches between our ears that is the most important distance we must overcome.
I have adapted a method for you and I to begin to take a new look at the way we perceive ourselves on the course and offer a new approach to our game.
Now I am not into any mystical hocus pocus, and I am not going to guarantee this system will knock 10 strokes off your score by midnight. What I do offer is a method of dealing with the issues and problems we confront during a round.
This is no easy fix. I cannot make you into a Tiger Woods nor an Annika Sorenstam, let’s be realistic.
What I can help you do is know how to “get over yourself” and the why we get ourselves into those frustrating moments.
Golf is complicated and difficult. Positive thinking isn’t enough. It doesn’t address the why behind our negative thinking. Let us trade in our self-esteem for some self respect. We can transform our souls.
I have spent 47 years looking for what was WRONG with me and why I couldn't just DO IT.
I was athletic, smart and competent, yet there were those times I just wanted to throw something at somebody.
I really didn’t take this game serious enough, but I did take myself very serious.
There was physical improvement over the years, but there were many disappointments due to the lack of truth in my perception of what the game is and how to accept it for what it is and what it really meant to me.
It was 2004, I was in a slump and believed it was time for me to just give the game up. I was at the proverbial last straw. This was really insane, I was crying on the inside, and those tears were ready to burst forth. We were making our way down the 14th fairway when I said “never again, yes never again shall I allow this game to do this to me, never again”.
I have adapted a program that is based on a set of principles that have proven successful to thousands of people over the past 73 years. It has been used by numerous people with concerns of how they deal with life. I have adapted it to assist all my fellow golfers.
Golf is a metaphor of life. It should be used to teach us about ourselves. It is more than a mere game or an athletic sport.
I would hope that you will find yourself and begin to really enjoy this intriguing game, and become not only an happier golfer but an happier person.
If you are serious about life then golf will be the vehicle as you proceed through it and the steps are the road map. This will be the beginning of a wonderful and mysterious odyssey that will reveal to you who you are and bring you closer to who you want to be.
You are standing at a turning point, and you are ready to take certain steps that I suggest are a Program of Recovery, at some of these you may think crazy or even silly. You must be fearless and honest. You will have to let go of your old belief system.
We are dealing with GOLF, it is cunning and baffling and very powerful. Without help it can overwhelm us.
As we explore these steps do not be discouraged, I didn’t say it would be easy. Life is difficult and so is golf. Hopefully these steps will put it all into perspective and you will eventually be able to lower your handicap and begin to enjoy yourself as you should with “a nice walk” around the course, having confidence and keeping your dignity and integrity in tact, on "The Fairway Less Traveled".
- The 12 Step Golf program, an introduction
- Introducing the reasons for why a 12 Step Golf program-leading to a spiritual awakening
- 12 Step Golf is based on spiritual principles. We begin our journey.
- 12 Step Golf is a program of recovery based on spiritual principles. We begin our journey exploring the way to achieve a knowledge and the purpose of a Higher Power in our lives.
- 12 Step Golf has two things to do, one is to be still and listen, the other
- 12 step golf-we must become willing, ask God, and make direct amends
- 12 Step Golf gives us an adventure of a lifetime, we gain a new perspective and
- 12 Step Golf gives us an adventure of a lifetime, we gain a new perspective and become emotionally balanced. We see how our experience can help others.
- Promises if we are diligent, honest, open and willing we will have a new freedom
- Promises will materialize-we will shun suspicion and resentment, we cooperate with life and we refuse to pity ourselves
- Golf and the spirit is outside the technical dimensions of a club a ball and a s
- Golf has a spirit and a soul beyond the technical dimensions of a club a ball and a swing. We do want to get the ball into the mole hole, and that should be good enough. What we find on our "Fairway
- Fearless golfing is a game of confidence, and provides endless enjoyment in good
- Fearless golfing is a game of confidence and provides endless enjoyment in good shot and in bad. Our fear of mistakes can keep us from doing the recovery from a bad shot we need to keep the pace of p
- Golf Discipline, we can Celebrate
- Golf and discipline in our life is to be celebrated. It is to act in accordance with rules, a regimen that develops and improves our mental outlook.
- Devotional prayers and meditation topics to assist us all on our walk. How we c
- Devotional prayers and meditation topics to assist us all on our walk. How we can use our gifts and abilities, that are God given, to become advocates for life. A new approach to a daily prayer sys
- Women and golf have a long and rich heritage, let us celebrate our contributi
- Women and golf have a long and rich heritage, let us celebrate our contributions to the game. From the 16th century with Mary, Queen of Scots who coined the word “caddy”. To our modern game of golf
- Your golf swing rhythm is defined as the beat of your swing.
- Everyone has a different golf swing rhythm and tempo and will move at a different beat. Some swings may seem faster than other swings, just because they look fast doesn't mean they have............
- Golf common rules that one is most confronted with
- Golf is a game that consists of the "Rules of Golf", an extensive publication by the USGA, please become familiar with all the rules of the game.
- What is Equitable Stroke Control and what it is not
- ESC "Equitable Stroke Control" for golf handicap purposes is very misunderstood and creates the illusion of sandbagging
- Golf stroke counter "Count on It"
- Count on It is an attractive and discrete golf stroke counter, and add will a little style to your golf glove that is handcrafted in Naples, Florida-U. S. A. Designed exclusively by 12 Step Golf.
- Rules of Etiquette of golf, have you ever wondered why it is so important and so
- Rules of Etiquette is one of the most important parts of anyone's game. Have you ever wondered why it stressed so much in the game of golf? There is just as much importance on the etiquette of golf
- Questions and Answers about the Golf Rules and Etiquette
- Questions and Answers about the Rules and Etiquette that people have posed during a round of golf
- Golf Journals
- Golf journals are a record of the events in our game. A journal can be a log of prayers, a recording of conversations with God. Journals are an important tool for mental soundness.
- The slump you find yourself in does not have to terrify you.
- Slump is a word no golfer wants to think about. It is all about your mental attitude.
- course management is important to playing a good round of golf.
- Playing a good round of golf comes with a lot of good golf course management. Sure it is great to know how to have a great golf swing, but if you haven’t got course management ...
- Golf swing tips
- Golf swing tips will help you find solutions to those nasty little questions we need as we traverse the fairways,
- Stack and Tilt golf method, more natural than trying to shift weight and then st
- There is a new golf swing that is sweeping the players who are on tour and now is available to us duffers and hackers and it is a more natural method of striking the ball. "Stack and Tilt" is the nam
- Healthy living is important to good golfing and a good life.
- Healthy living is important to good golfing and a good life. I would like to add some comments from sources around town who are involved in exercise and healthy living.
- Bring back the Kiltie
- The Long Forgotten Kiltie
- Simple Stats a Golf Journal
- Simple Stats a golf journal helps in knowing your strengths and your weaknesses. Not only do professionals need to do this but so should you.
- Golf Merchandise and More-Things We all Need
- Golf merchandise for the golf aficionado. Useful tools to help the mechanics of the game. Tempo, fitness, enternaining and more.
- Golf terms everyone should familiarize themselves with.
- Golf terms everyone should familiarize themselves with. Golf is a game of confidence and attitude. Knowing the nomenclature of golf is a golf basic. When we are able to express ourselves...........
- Golf quotes, some fun, some jokes and just stuff
- Golf can bring us to tears but it can make us laugh. Learning to laugh at ourselves should be a part of our game.
- Golf art
- Golf art for your decorating pleasures. Neat poster and pictures
- golf links, self improvement and other useful links
- Useful links I have discovered, some are golf some are not. Self development and others that may interest you.
- My Ministry and How I got Here
- I am sure many of you have been wondering who I am and who does she think she is. My ministry is based on certain principles that have given a new life.
- Thank You
- Thank you for your time and visiting this site
- Contact me with your comments or Questions
- Contact me if you have any questions or comments
- Terms and Conditions of Use
- 12 Step golf has a Blog!
- 12 Step Golf would like to share with you the real life working of the steps, through everyday situations. Please contribute your stories or tell us something about you.
- philosophy, a personal journey
- philosophy is one's personal belief system directing their path in all areas of their life.
- Twelve Steps to Reclaim a Nation’s Soul, going beyond golf
- Twelve Steps is a set of principles that may save us from the fate of past societies and cultures. It is imperative that governing bodies surrender to the truth of their addiction to power,
- Tennis Court Rakes-The Automatic Side Rake (ASR), has been disigned to maintain
- The Automatic Side Rake (ASR), has been disigned to maintain the edges of the tennis courts where moisture generates formation of algae, the maintenance process is commonly done with a manual rake.